先锋影音资源2中文字幕,色戒电影观看完整版,中国单亲乱xxxxiuiu,亚洲视频手机在线观看,不忠电影未删减完整版1080 ,超碰爱爱,人猿泰山成人未删减版迅雷

Trump says U.S. troops "slowly" exiting from Syria

Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-01 03:50:13|Editor: ZX
Video PlayerClose

WASHINGTON, Dec. 31 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that his country is "slowly" withdrawing troops from Syria, seemingly reversing a previously planned rapid exit.

"ISIS (the Islamic State) is mostly gone, we're slowly sending our troops back home to be with their families, while at the same time fighting ISIS remnants," said Trump in a Monday tweet detailing his troop withdrawal prospect.

Trump's words came one day after U.S. Republican Senator Lindsey Graham indicated that the White House host has agreed to slow down the withdrawal of U.S. forces from the war-torn country.

"I think we're slowing things down in a smart way," Graham told reporters on Sunday after a lunch with Trump.

"I think the president is committed to making sure when we leave Syria that IS (the Islamic State) is completely defeated," he said when asked if Trump has agreed to slow down the withdrawal.

The Trump administration announced on Dec. 19 that it has started returning U.S. troops home from Syria after claiming a victory in the fight against the IS.

U.S. media cited anonymous officials as saying that the United States was planning a "rapid" and "full" withdrawal of troops from Syria.

The departing U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis has reportedly signed the execute order last week detailing the U.S. troop withdrawal from Syria.

Currently, there are more than 2,000 U.S. soldiers deployed in Syria.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001377112121